All 14 art Reviews

The Becoming The Becoming

this is close to the best thing i have seen on this artists portal other than a lifelike lion sketch, but i also relate to this but much more deeper. do you like icp?

BannBann responds:

Oh, thank you.
I just googled it. So, no. But I can see why you'd think so. XD

Character Design Character Design

very drawful and insighting, i like your use as background and colour layouts. nice original character

Tarot Card - Strength Tarot Card - Strength

This is freakin sweet, this looks like an oldschool fairy tale tarot, like from the beginning of Zelda: Wind Waker or the first Shrek movie. You have everything flawless, except for the reprisentation which I think could have been better and I reluctantly deduce score because of this, but, its slightly confusing as to whats being presented. If I first saw this and the author told me it was a tarot card, the first things that would pop up in my mind are the card for either some kind of conflict, or malice. Here, you can't really decipher what is strength, nor who the actual protagonist is in the illustration. It keeps the mind racing...to much.

Not Thinking Not Thinking

Very good use of negative space which centers the shaded man into main view here, and the expression of a blank slate was pretty straight forward and I didn't have to think much to understand it. But if say you were to use a lot more negative space, the man's expression alone would have alone been enough to coin the title of the piece. Excellent drawing!

Angry-Hatter responds:

Thank you for the nice compliments and the critique!

Adieu Adieu

This is absolutely astonnishing, maximized this is all I can see and there is a ton of work inside of this piece. I have a pretty heady blasted feeling so this is all just very euphoric and wordly, like she's a universe and I'm merely a molicule basking in its limitless valor. Great painting!

Knocturne responds:

You really brightened my day and convinced me this drawing was a lot more than what I was making it out to be, thank you

Wallurd Wallurd

This is really good, but shouldn't it be created in Adobe Flash?

MindChamber responds:

I do assets for 3D games as well.

Monochromatic Sonic Monochromatic Sonic

Sonic sez: Im blue abba dee abba die!

But lets focus on the painting itself shall we? At first glance I see full fledged painting with depth, but then I notice you use the same specific colors over and over again to distinguish the depth itself, and that my friend has impressed me. A blue painting of a blue protagonist that's completely blue!! My only complaint about this piece is that while it 'blue' me away overall, I see some grey which really takes a bite out of the whole blue/blue experience for me, and an idea for a later piece maybe being, instead of using white (for Sonic's gloves, eyes, teeth, etc), a lighter shade of blue!! Good luck on your next painting I'll subscribe.

II2none responds:

Very helpful thanks I'll admit I much prefer drawing then painting though

Red Streak balanced color Red Streak balanced color

This painting is great, the coloring is smooth and doesn't look blotched out or unprofessional in any fashion. What I've collected from this piece is a man fighting the physical manifestation of his malice, and refusing to let it take him under. A lot probably went into this and because of this, good luck.

Deadly blast from the past Deadly blast from the past

Distinct memory of Sonic DX on the gamecube. I don't remember a red boss though so I'm marking you down for that unless its an OC but everything about the shadeing is impeccible, his head actually looks like it has a glossy texture which is the best observation I can give, that I enjoyed the most I mean.

II2none responds:

It's more so a tribute to generations rather then Sonic Adventure thats why I put Biolizard and Classic Sonic in there. Thanks again for your opinion.

fantasies of an egg man fantasies of an egg man

Good one, I bet that's actually his wet dream every single night! (if Sonic actually gave up)

kmau responds:

He wants to be part of that cool furry gang.